Business License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Rolling Hills Estates Municipal Code provides that every business operating in the City of Rolling Hills Estates is required to file a Business License Tax application prior to the start of business and pay the annual tax each year thereafter. This ordinance applies to businesses operating at a commercial or residential location within the city, or any business using a City of Rolling Hills Estates address or Post Office box for receiving mail. Businesses based out of the City of Rolling Hills Estates who are conducting activity in the city (for example: contractors, consultants, landscape maintenance companies) must also file an application. Exemptions may apply to charitable and non-profit organizations and to disabled veterans.


Questions? Contact Laurie Moromisato: or 310-377-1577 xt 113

»••Report an Unlicensed Business or Contractor - Click Here

Business License Forms
    •Business License Application (2017)
Business License Application (2018) 
         •Business License Calculation Spreadsheet [XLS]

    •Business License CONTRACTOR Application (2017)
    •Business License CONTRACTOR Application (2018) 

            Contact or Mail the Application
to the City of Rolling Hills Estates
            UNLESS, You HAVE Received a Notice from MuniServices, then see below*

Special Event Business License Form
    •Business License Application for Special Events [PDF]

Notice to Applicants: The State has "Mandated" a $4.00 Fee on All Business Licenses in California.

The City Must Provide Information Regarding Disability Access Laws:
State CASp Fee:
“Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
The Division of the State Architect at
The Department of Rehabilitation at
The California Commission on Disability Access at

City of Rolling Hills Estates License Inspectors will conduct on-site inspections during the scheduled event to ensure compliance from the participants.  Anyone selling tangible goods must have a valid California Seller’s Permit, in addition, state law requires sellers to complete form BOE-530B- titled “Temporary Sales Location Schedule,” which you can obtain from the Board of Equalization at

Please complete and mail your application to:
    City of Rolling Hills Estates
4045 Palos Verdes Drive North
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274

*CLICK HERE - IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A BUSINESS LICENSE NOTICE FROM MUNISERVICES MuniServices has been retained by the City of Rolling Hills Estates to conduct a business license compliance review to identify all businesses that may be operating in the City without a business license.