SUBMITTAL PROCESS FOR ROOF MOUNTED SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) SYSTEMS
1. Roof Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems no longer require prior approval from the City of Rolling Hills Estates Planning Department. You may submit Roof Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV) plans directly to the Los Angeles County, Department of Building and Safety by one of the following:
- For systems 10kW or less, submit your plans electronically by visiting the Los Angeles County Department Building and Safety, http://dpw.lacounty.gov/bsd/content. (Payments may also be made by credit card via the LA County link above)
- For systems greater than 10kW, please call Los Angeles County Department Building and Safety at 310-534-3760.
Please CLICK HERE to review the Los Angeles County Department of Building and Safety Submittal Requirements for PV Systems.
Please note: Other types of solar installations (i.e. ground mounted systems) require prior approval by the City’s Planning Department.
2. If you do not have a business license issued by the City of Rolling Hills Estates, please contact Avenu Insights & Analytics at 866-240-3665. A City of Rolling Hills Estates Business License is required prior to permit issuance.
- To contact the Los Angeles County, Department of Building & Safety, please call (310) 534-3760.
- To contact the City of Rolling Hills Planning Department, please call (310) 377-1577 ext. 105 or via e-mail at Planning@RollingHillsEstatesCA.gov.